Every day, there is an amazing amount of advancement that is made in the solar power industry. Solar panel systems offer countless ways that allow to cut down on bills. In addition, it also helps you to save the planet and money as well. Today, you will find many homes that are solar-powered. However, not all homeowners are ready to take the plunge yet. The best thing about portable solar panels is that you can install them in one room at a time. You need not get it done all at once. Also, with the current situation, it is best to first transform your home office into a solar-powered space.
There are multiple options with solar electricity. For instance, you can decide on how much of it you plan to use. Additionally, decide whether you want to combine it with other sources. Finally, choose the installation options. Solar power can be expensive to install in offices or homes. However, once the installation is done, the savings are increased. You can get the work done by an electrician. Later on, there will only be some amount of maintenance that you need to look into. Make sure to dust regularly to maintain them. You can also think about the savings attached to portable solar panel kits.
How To Make The Best Use Of Portable Solar Panels
- Solar panels are widely seen these days. While some use it for home purposes, others use it for business. At times, a large neighborhood can be seen with solar panels installed. The only feature it lacked was portability. Later on, portable solar panels were introduced. These devices allow you to easily transport these devices. The disadvantage of these solar panels is the limited power output. Basically, these devices were built only for powering small devices. They weren’t meant to be used all over the house. You can use them in limited sections of the home. For instance, use it for a home office where you have basic gadgets to be powered.
- While you use the national power grid enables you to use as much energy as you want or need. The only drawback associated with it is the high electricity bills that you may be charged with. Meanwhile, using solar panel kits with inverters allow you to use only a limited amount of energy. This also means you have to be careful when you plan on using solar panels for the home office. Since you have limited energy, you have to be careful about which devices you would use it for. It is best to take note of how much electricity your home uses. In accordance, you can replace it with solar energy. Solar panels are generally used in combination with the grid or wind power.
- Solar power capabilities are heavily dependent upon the structure of your home office. It needs to be looked at if the home is built appropriately so as to support the installation of the folding solar panels. Before you plan on setting up solar panels, it is important to take some things into consideration. Do you have a sufficiently unshaded roof that is North facing? This is to determine if you will get the maximum benefit of installing the solar panels. Look into the scope and size factors. You can get a clear picture regarding the same if you communicate with the installer or electrician. Finally, you also need to check if your roof can support power generation for the solar panels. A majority of the buildings or homes do not support the use of complete solar energy. However, in such a case, partial solar power installation is a good and feasible option.
- The next best thing you can use is portable solar energy for your home office. Unlike traditional solar panels, they don’t take up much space and have multiple advantages that you are unaware of. If you install rooftop solar panels, you will need to occasionally climb and wipe off the dirt or grime to keep them in working condition. On the other hand, portable solar panels are much simpler and easier to maintain. This is the reason why people are switching over to portable solar panel kits with portable solar panel chargers.
- Portable solar panels are quite compact and can be easily stored when not in use. This also allows you to use your roof space for other purposes. You can easily store them under the bed or in the cabinets. Furthermore, when you make use of folding solar panels of a 100-watt solar panel kit with an inverter, you won’t have to drill holes or run wires on your roof. If you do not have much experience with setting these things up, you can take help. They are pretty easier to install and does not take much of your time as well.
- Portable solar panel kits are the best option for home offices. In case you plan on moving houses, you can transport your office along. There is a wide range of quality portable solar panels online that you can choose from. A good investment will drastically reduce your electricity charges and will allow you to make the best use of solar energy. This effective method is a great way to reduce charges. The right use of this solar panel kit has various advantages and benefits which shall be discussed in this article.
- Traditional lights can cause heavy electric bills but if you switch over to portable solar panels, you can drastically reduce the charges. It will brighten up your office space and are most suitable for home offices. Additionally, there are many interesting versions of solar panels that you can choose from. If you spend the majority of the time working on your desk, you can consider purchasing solar-powered LED lights or solar lamps. This way you won’t have to strain your eyes or make them weak. It will also increase your productivity and prevent eye strain.
- Many times, we forget to turn off the lights at the home office. This causes wastage of electricity. Hence, the better alternative to this is to purchase solar powered motion sensor lights. Motion sensor lights are smart lights that can sense if the room is in use or not. This will help you to save energy and minimize costs to a great extent. They use the sun’s energy to supply light to the rooms. If you have a home office space, don’t think twice before installing them. These lights are completely programmable which also gives you the option to adjust them as preferred. You can make changes with motion sensitivity and light sensitivity as per your needs.
- Portable solar panels can be used to charge your tablets, mobile phone, power bank, MP3 player, and multiple other devices that you use on a daily basis. There are portable solar panel chargers that are available in the market. Additionally, there are different versions of it. You can choose the ones that suit your needs and fit your requirements. These kinds of chargers have been in the market for quite some time. In addition, they are an excellent way to boost the battery life of the devices making use of clean energy. The solar chargers have three important factors that you should look out for. First is the portability, second is the price and finally, look out for power. These devices allow you to use your phone while it charges. You can carry on your work while the smart portable solar charger does its work.
- Moisture and heat are the two enemies of your home office that can cause extensive damage. You may not be able to see them. However, they do exist. The best solution for this is to power your home office using solar energy. This will remove the heat and moisture from your homes keeping it fresh as ever. Solar-powered ventilation is the best alternative which reduces your utility bills. You can power your home office using portable solar panels without having to power your entire home.
- Portable solar panels are completely waterproof which includes the solar charge controller. This makes them suitable to use in every season. Additionally, folding solar panels are made of premium quality solar cells. They offer high performance and efficiency. They are small in size which allows easy transportation if necessary. A portable solar panel kit of 12v is just the size of a small briefcase. Besides, they can be easily stored and generate a power output of 80-120W. These kits include a solar charge controller, a storage case, 5m cable, and a stand.
- The price of the portable solar panels varies depending on their power output. These solar panels can be purchased in a kit set which comprises multiple items required for charging. These devices have maintenance costs whatsoever. You can simply clean or dust them regularly so as to prevent the accumulation of dust. There are panels that come in different sizes. You can browse through the various kinds of portable solar panels to choose the ones that are accurate for your needs.
How To Connect A Portable Solar Panel System
Step 1: The solar panel that you choose is determined by how much better you draw in total. Additionally, it is also important to consider how much the solar panel can charge the battery in sunlight.
Step 2: If you wish to draw 5A per hour at 13.8V, which will draw 70W per hour. (This is the battery voltage that a 12V battery runs at)
Step 3: Let us assume effective sunlight for 9 hours. So this brings it down to 8W per hour if we divide 70W by 9.
Step 4: However, this energy is not quite efficient since solar energy into stored well. It can convert to heat and has.
Step 5: This means that you need a 20W solar panel which will work just fine.
Step 6: In this example, we have a 100Ah GEL lead-acid battery, a battery box that has battery terminals that will be used for the solar panel inputs. It also has 12V outlets with USB ports along with a voltage display.
Step 7: We shall use a 12W folding solar panel. This model has a built-in solar charge controller. It has a retired 5m cable with Anderson plug at the end.
Step 8: The main purpose of the solar charge controller is to avoid the batteries from being overcharged. The battery box has a nylon strap which is known to securely hold the battery in the box. Before installing the battery, feed the webbing strap through the retention strap inside the box lid.
Step 9: Place the lid back with the clip hanging over towards the front. Pull the strap through the holder on the back, through the recess, and back up through the holder on the front. Finally, thread the strap on the backside of the release buckle.
Step 10: Once the strap is in place, we shall now install the one hundred amp hour battery. Take note of the positive and negative terminals. Keep the battery and the battery box in a good position so as to make the installation easier. Lift the battery and place it into the box.
Step 11: Remove the bolts on battery terminals and connect the positive and negative power wires. Once done, fix the bolts back. You can use a 14mm spanner to fix the nuts firmly. Secure the lid. Use the side handles and not the top handle as it is not strong enough to carry the battery.
Step 12: There are terminals on the battery box which is where we will connect the solar panel. The solar panel has a 50A Anderson connecter. The panel also has an Anderson to eyelet lead and Anderson to alligator clip lead.
Step 13: The eyelet lead will be the most important as it will connect to the charging bolts on the battery box. Connect the red positive lead to the positive terminal on the battery box. Tighten the wing nut firmly and secure well. Repeat with negative lead. The Anderson connector is where we will connect the solar panel in order to charge the battery.
Step 14: Unfold the solar panel by opening the legs. Simply align the Anderson connector and push them together. Place the solar panel facing the sunlight for an optimum charge. The LED indicators display that the battery is charging.
Step 15: Using a 120W solar panel in full sunlight should give us a fully charged battery within a few hours. The battery box has a built-in digital voltmeter. The battery voltage displayed is 12.8VDC. This number will increase as we keep the solar panel out in the sunlight. Make sure that you keel thr GEL fully charged. If it goes below 11V, it will be damaged or never even be able to charge it up.
If you plan to go off the grid, it is one of the best decisions you will ever make. In case of an emergency, wherein the power is lost due to the grid, these portable solar panels will help in such situations. You will never have to worry about electricity bills ever. Solar energy is clean energy that does not emit any harmful chemicals or fumes. In addition, they also do not make any kind of sound pollution, unlike generators.
Besides, you never need to refuel them since they just need sunlight in order to produce energy. These devices are built with durable materials which helps them last longer. They have specially designed frames with reinforced glasses. Before you plan on purchasing a portable solar panel for your home office, do your research and choose the best model.
Solar energy is totally free of cost and you will never have to worry about your utility bills. Portable solar panels are perfect for the home office setup since you will be using a limited number of appliances. This is a great start to do your bit for the environment. Additionally, it saves you a lot of money as well. It is best to make use of LED lights rather than the traditional ones. Furthermore, make sure that you turn off all the devices in the correct manner. Keeping appliances on a power-saving mode also consumes close to 25% of the power. Make the most of the sunlight and save up on the electricity. Solar energy is the way to go!