A clean car not only shines but also makes your mind happy. A driver always wants a vehicle that looks nice and great on the road. However, the main problem is when it comes to waxing, cleaning, washing, and drying. A traditional cleaning method with waste a full day still offers inefficient results.
So, most of us skip washing your car from weekly to monthly and some even go longer than that. Why can’t we make it similar? Is there any way to do that?
Of course, it is possible just by using the best quality car pressure washer. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dig deep into it.
The benefits of using a car pressure washer
If you are still washing your car using the old traditional method using the buckets. Few of us prefer an ordinary gardening hose over buckets but there is no alternative that can beat a car pressure washer. The effective cleaning it offers is just can’t be explained with words.
Lets checkout some of the best experience of using a car pressure washer:
- Cleans your car more efficiently
Cleaning cars with the traditional method using buckets and ordinary garden hose is a time-consuming task. It demands refilling bucket several times that can cause back pain and ever sore muscles. Like wise an ordinary garden hose is not efficient in spraying pressurized water.
However, using car high pressure cleaning tool can immediately reduce the washing time but almost 50%. A bucket washing will consume almost 30 to 45 minutes whereas a pressure washing will hardly take 15 to 20 minutes. It is the best method for effective cleaning and less time-consuming.
- Offers a best thorough cleaning
The main motive of cleaning a car is to remove unwanted particles and dirt to showcase beautiful paint. But it is very difficult to clean hard to reach areas of a car with a bucket and an ordinary hose. The hard areas include under the hood, between car body panels, and under the car. It is very difficult to clean tires and wheels with hands. This method of cleaning can’t guarantee you a thorough cleaning.
So, we recommend you use a portable pressure washer with assorted spray nozzles help you to reach hard areas. A pressurized water blast provides you with the best thorough cleaning.
- Removes Stubborn dirt
Cleaning a car is not limited to mud stains and other normal dust or dirt. Something cleaning requires much more than a thorough cleaning which includes cleaning dried bird poop or tree saps. Cleaning these types of stubborn dirt and debris requires a good quality pressure washer car wash.
A car pressure washer comes with multiple nozzles setting for desired water pressure settings that will clean all stubborn dirt easily without any manual cleaning.
- Offers cost effective car cleaning
Cleaning a car with an old traditional method consumes a large volume of water. On the other hand, if you use a clean machine car wash then that same washing can be done with a fraction of the volume of water. Wasting of water increases your monthly water bill.
What to look for when picking up a car pressure washer?
Choosing a perfect car pressure washer, you need to know your cleaning requirements and the type of dirt you mostly deal with. Let’s check out some best features that will solve your cleaning hassle.
- PSI water level
It is the most important and must consider features while picking a car pressure washer. The PSI measures the amount of water forced a car washer can deliver via its spraying nozzle.
Higher the PSI more will be the water pressure. Car’s painted surface doesn’t require high PSI but the tires do. So, prefer a car washer with adjustable PSI levels.
- Auto pumping
Currently, there are many advanced car washer systems available in the market. These washers’ ships with auto-shutoff features. When a user stops the water spray the pump shuts off automatically and activates gain when the user triggers the spray wand. It not only lowers the electricity bill but also extends motor life.
- Water hose length and Quality
It is true that more the water hose less the washing pressure you will receive. It is always recommended to choose the best combination of water hose length with PSI pressure levels. but make sure you consider at least a 20 feet long water hose enabled car washer.
- Power cord length and GFI Protection
If you want to wash your car conveniently without any hassle then always consider a long power cord. It will help you to wash without any interruption.
Do remember to check whether the car wash pressure washer supports GFCI Protection. The protection feature detects leakage current and cut-offs power. It protects the user from deadly electric shocks.
- Number of nozzles included with the package
Most car washer ships with a variety of interchangeable spray wand pressure washer nozzles for better cleaning. However, the number of nozzles varies from one brand to another. Not every nozzle can perform different cleaning tasks. So always prefer a car washer with the maximum number of nozzles available.
- Size and weight
If you are someone who regularly carries car pressure washer to different locations or places. Then you must rethink about its size and weight because a shifting a heavy car washer daily is not possible. The size of the car washer is also very important as a big sized washer occupies a larger space which adds hassle for you.
So, it’s better for you to choose the best-suited car washer as per your need and preferences.
The clear concept is that the more the accessories your car pressure washer come with more variety of tasks it can accomplish. Always notice the set of attachments the washer ships with and analyze the practical use of it.
Don’t just stick with a single model rather compare multiple models keeping them side by side and make the best decision for a convenient wash.
Procedure to Wash Car with A Pressure Washer
Before washing your favourite car, you must consider some quick washing procedures. A systematic washing procedure allows you to grab the most out of your washing.
Here are some simple washing steps for you:
- At first, connect the source of water and switch on the car washer.
- Allow the car to rinse properly to remove all loosen dirt and debris from its surface. Make sure you Rinse the whole car without missing a single spot.
- Only use good quality approved power washer soap or detergent and spray all over the car.
- Wash the car from top to bottom by using 25-degree spray nozzle. The best PSI pressure for washing cars is 1200.
- For rinsing use 45-degree spray nozzle attachment.
- After cleaning the car, it is very important to dry it completely to prevent any spot.
The Dos and Don’ts for Car Pressure Washing
Choose the right pressure washer nozzle
A high-pressure car cleaning tool mainly comes with 5 different types of pressure washer nozzle chart which ranges from narrow to a wide stream of water. The details of each nozzle type are mentioned below:
- Red Nozzle – It is a 0-degree nozzle very rarely used and not recommended for cars.
- Yellow Nozzle – It is a 15 degrees nozzle best for cleaning mud from the car’s surface.
- Green Nozzle – It is a 15-degree nozzle that offers all-round cleaning. It provides the best cleaning by pushing the mud off the car’s body.
- White nozzle – It is a 40 Degrees nozzle and is generally used for rinsing purposes.
- Black Nozzle – It is a 65 degrees nozzle and used for soaping the car. It covers the maximum area by its spray.
Detergent tank vs. foam cannon for cleaning cars
Most of us can’t differentiate between a detergent tank-based car washer and a foam-based car washer. Well both of them sprays soap on the surface of the car but the jobs they perform are totally different.
- Detergent Tank car washer – A typical detergent tank mixes water and soap together for cleaning the car’s surface. The foam they produce is very less which makes the cleaner inefficient when compared with foam cannon car washer.
- Foam Cannon Car washer – This washer is intentionally developed f cleaning cars. It produces a good quantity of foam which helps it to loosen the dirt from the surface of the car. It never leaves any soap residue on your car’s surface.
Troubleshooting Your Pressure Washer for Cars and Fix It by Yourself
A good quality car pressure washer is very expensive. Furthermore, if it collapses then creates multiple problems and hassles. If you want your washer to run smoothly for years then follow a few basic tips and tricks to keep it maintained by yourself at home.
- In most cased air blockage occurs which stops the machine. To resolve the issue just unplug the washer from the power source and discount the pressure hose.
- Connect a normal garden hose with your car washer and run water via it. This step will clear all air blockage in the system and they reassemble it again.
- If you face water flow and pressure formation issue then check the water supply of your washer and its source.
- Always check for blockage thoroughly from one end to the other.
- If you find any parts broken or missing just simply replace it with a new one and you are ready to go again.
Safety Tips for Using the Pressure Washer
Every machine requires some sort of precautions or safety measures while operation. Likewise, your car washer also comes with some basic safety rules for better cleaning.
Here are few safety tips you must consider while using these machines:
- Always read the owner’s manual thoroughly if you are new with the machine and must include all safety measures mentioned on it.
- Always wear protective gear like masks, goggles, gloves, good quality shoes. Always protect your sensitive body parts and organs as high-water pressure can lead to heavy damage.
- It is recommended to use the car washer in a flat and stable surface which saves you from falling.
- Never use pressurized car washer on a ladder as high-water force may push you down.
- Always use a proper spray nozzle and maintain an adequate distance between the nozzle and the surface to be cleaned.
- Always try to place the washer away from the water source, splash, and spray.
- Don’t ever use a car washer near electrical power source.
Well, there is a long list of reasons why a car pressure washer is so useful and popular amongst all call owners. It effectively lowers down the effort and pain of cleaning a vehicle.
If offers a professional cleaning quality at your place. It not only saves your money but also time. Cleaning with a good quality washer to ensure that your car will always look like it came just out of the showroom.
Some Important review you found helpful: